Tuesday, June 8, 2010

that book.

my darling gorgeous boyfriend bought me a moss covered book to jot my thoughts into. it has become my unofficial homewares spank bank. scanning in pages now


Cover of book:






























Page one:

















dying over marimekko bedcovers. the green is divine and the cartoon trees are adorable. i also love the idea of buying cheap vintage chairs from thriftstores, sanding them back and painting them in shades of vivid green. this particular colour is called "yellow zing" from porters paints. looks like a limey green to me! i have an obsession with bird imagery, but hate live birds (hows that for weird). i wanted a vintage ornate birdcage painted green stuffed with big chunky white candles somewhere in my living room. to date, all the birdcages i've found are very expensive, so for now i'm sticking to these amazing vinyl wall stickers. you can find them on online stores and some homewares stores for around $50-$120, but i found a store on ebay that sells them for around $15. i think it would be wise to mention that i am an unemployed (for now) 19 year old student so everything in my dream house will be on a TIGHT budget.

i feel i've written enough for one post, so perhaps i'll leave this as a teaser and upload the other pictures in subsequent posts. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment